Faith In Practice conducts temporary annual medical clinics throughout Guatemala where healthcare is difficult if not impossible to access. Each clinic attends on average 2,400 patients over a four-day period.
Our Guatemalan Volunteer Leaders are key in ensuring a successful clinic. They are responsible for:
Organizing the Logistics of the Medical Clinic including:
- Working with local authorities to secure the clinic site, including physical location, tents, chairs, etc., to accommodate an average of 600 patients a day.
- Organizing and managing patient flow and patient and volunteer security.
- Recruiting on average 50 local volunteers per clinic day, training and assigning them throughout the clinic.
Identifying Patients including:
- Working with churches, community leaders, municipalities, and rural clinics to identify those in the greatest need of medical or surgical care, arranging for approximately 600 patients to be attended on each clinic day.
- Organizing these patients by date and specialty to ensure efficient patient flow and maximum use of each clinician.